Monday, September 12, 2011

Patriotic LO

Today being the tenth anniversary of 9/11, I was searching for the right material to use and do a fitting tribute for the day. I had a ton of bright, cool papers and some nice embellishments, but I wasn't grabbed by any of them.

I did find a picture of gram, her husband and my dad as a baby though...my grandfather was in uniform and had placed his hat on dad's head for the picture. While not directly related, I never knew my grandfather. I know he was a hero to my gram and my father and aunts too, and because I never had him in my life, I made a connection to the people who have an absence in their lives--through the tragedy of 9/11--or in all the ways we as human beings experience loss.

This may be a stretch, but it was my way of contemplating the anniversary. I will post the page tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment